Friday, October 12, 2007

What makes a person decide to shift their world around and leave their comfort zone just to try to establish their roots down in a foreign land? And what if they never can achieve that dream; that dream of finding that place they can call home again. That dream of finding acceptance, comfort and warmth in their hearts, even when it is snowing outside?

I don’t have the answer to these questions. But a year ago, I too took this step. I left my home to find a new one in a new country. Why did I do that? Circumstances. I knew there was no choice but to step out and face the world head on. And I also knew that there was no way I could do that in the comfort of the little bubble world of my own I was living in. And maybe because to an extent, I wanted a new chance, a shot at freedom, anonymity and a chance to establish myself again.

But, at what price will I gain all that? And sometimes I find myself questioning if I am willing to pay that price. As I type this post alone in my home, in a city where I hardly 'know' anyone, I wonder will my freedom still mean the same after days, months and maybe even years of loneliness. Maybe it would, maybe life will get better. I know it will get better, it has to, it always does. But days like these I find myself questioning my own decisions and wishing if only life was a little easier at times. Because sometimes the hurt is just too much to bear.

Music: Hazaaron khwahishen aisi: Jagjit Singh


No comments: