Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Home

Got my tickets in mail today. Am going hoooooooooooome :)

It's going to be a pretty short and a hectic trip. So much to do, so many people to meet, so much to eat and so little time. Well okay, a lot to do and a lot to eat anyways, I don't know enough people even back home to really have problems that way. The only sad part is, my time with my parents is cut short, but am planning to enjoy every moment of it.

There is a beautiful song called "home" by Michael Buble. Heard it on the Delilah show (yeah I admit, it is one of my fave shows, I love the music she plays) Heard it enough of times that I had to look it up. The lyrics were moving, especially since I am so far away from home. The video that I found (not the original) moved me to tears. (lyrics follow in the next post, with the link to the video...watch it at your own risk.)

So, while it is by choice that I have uprooted myself (in my case it wasn't that hard anyways, I knew it was either uproot or stay and wilt away), like everyone else, I sometimes yearn for home. I yearn for someone to speak my language with...for while I might be fluent enough in English, trying to speak 'Americanese' day after day frustrates me, it's like I am playing a role all the time. And I yearn for my moms cooking, and the long discussions I would have with my dad over tea. I yearn for those trips to Delhi my parents would drag me to, just to get me to go out. I long to go to pizza hut with my friends so we could gossip and say how boring our little 'gaon' is. I yearn for someone to celebrate my successes with. I yearn to come home to someone after work, to have my mom keep food ready for me and ask me how my day was, and I could ask her in return on what happened in her school that day...

And some days like these, when am sick, I yearn not to be alone, to have someone here who would give me a hug, who would make sure that the thermometer is placed right (jheebh ke neeche!!), would bring me my combiflame or crocin and make me nice ginger tea. Sounds selfish, now that I am typing it out. Since it's all about people doing things for me that I yearn for. But actually I wish there was someone I could do the same for too. Most of all, I think I miss my best friend...my mom. I know you would never read this, but I love you mom and I miss you.

Music: Home by Michael Buble

No comments: